Saturday, March 24, 2012

Their spirits live on

As I said in the first post of this composition, it is a very personal story.  My husband Bob died when my children were young and I think the picture of him and them carrying in the Christmas tree represents how vital he was to our family.
My grandmother Buchta took care of me when I was a baby while my mom was away visiting my dad who was in the navy at the end of WWII.  The photo is circa 1920. She remained important in my life as I grew up.
My dad was about 27 years old when the picture was taken of him holding me.  He died in 2008 at the age of 91. I was with him when he died.
Buddy was my granddog.  He was a sweet loving freckled face Husky mix,
I wanted to portray them in the dreamscape as spirits without giving a religious perspective.  I found a picture of sky that looked spiritual and used that as the bottom layer for the dreamscape.
Changing the final image to a black and white photo added to the spiritual perspective and is in agreement with the age of the photographs all of which were scanned into my computer. Tools used: cropping, move, quick mask to erase some background, adjustment levels for the histograms, brightness/contrast, and black and white adjustments.



No comments:

Post a Comment