Thursday, April 5, 2012

Travel on my mind

Traveling has been on my mind a lot lately.  For the past few years it has financially not been possible. Soon....I keep saying.  My optional post is a dreamscape of past travels with hopes of future ones.  The background I used was a photo of the water in the Bahamas--a color of the sea that I had never imagined--so clear you can see the bottom.
Water of Farmer's Cay, Bahamas
I also chose Scotland, Italy, New Zealand and Dartmoor.  New Zealand-- where I traveled alone after my kids were grown. Scotland and Dartmoor--Roger showing me the British Isles.  Italy--two weeks for my 60th birthday.  I used New Zealand and a picture of me climbing to the highest point on the Milford track to capture the idea of adventure and wistful thinking. Then the process began: combining, moving, cropping, erasing, smudging, changing opacity... until I got the image I wanted.
Dreaming of traveling while savoring where I've been!
Italy
New Zealand--Milford Track
Dartmoor

Scotland


1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with your portrayal of personal experiences and memory and how you are integrating them with the image. Technically your work has grown quikley. I hope you are enjoying the process of digital imaging because it seems a perfect tool for you to talk about the internal processes of thinking and memory. Which seem to be an important subject in your work. I feel privledged to be witness to your investigation. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete