Friday, October 2, 2015

Scannography Independent Study

This week I started an advanced independent study of scannography with Bethany Bond through Johnson State College.  My main concentration will be producing a body of work with the working name, Immigration and Integration.
I will be doing a pictorial representation of my genealogy starting from my two sets of grandparents who emigrated as individuals from the Austrian Hungarian empire in the early 1900's.  My grandparents on my mother's side are Russins from what is now the Ukraine.  My grandparents from my father's side are Slovak from what is now the Slovak Republic.
 I'll finish with my own adult children who are 3rd generation American and fully integrated, and sadly, have little connection to their Slovak and Russin heritage.
I will also continue doing work with natural objects that appear in all their essence through the scanning process.  Here are some of my most recent scans of natural objects.  Note:  They have not been fully edited as yet.









2 comments:

  1. They look lovely, Pat! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat. It brings smiles each time you share your work with continued deep passion. I'm so happy for you and look forward to more....
    Lyn
    Tucson,AZ.

    ReplyDelete