Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Busy Exhibit Season Coming Up..

With the lazy dog days of summer come plenty of art shows and exhibits for you to slowly meander.  At the new home of the T.W.Wood Gallery at 46 Barre Street in Montpelier the Art Resource Association will be holding a 40 artist show that includes painting, photography and sculpture.
The reception for this show is July 30, from 5-7pm.  If you can't make it to the reception, the show continues into September and is part of the First Friday Art Walk in Montpelier on September 4.
I've decided to include my " Winter Meditation" in the show as I don't think it has had enough of an audience and is one of my favorite pieces.
Winter Meditation

Directly following this, on August 1 and 2  from 10-5 each day, is my art group's second annual On the Way Art exhibit and sale in Moretown, Vermont.  This show is part of the Vermont Festival of the Arts which celebrates music, arts and dance from August 1 until Labor Day Week-end.
Whimsical, traditional, intelligent, ethereal—the exhibit and sale brings together art created from the unique perspective of four Vermont artists. Cards, matted art, framed photography, photo books, and more will be on exhibit.  

Artists: Michelle Saffran, Jackie Smith, Holly King, Patricia Lyon-Surrey.




As part of the Vermont Festival of the Arts, the Round Barn in Waitsfield has it's annual Photo Show from August 3 until September 7. The reception is on Tuesday, August 4, 5:30-7:30 with great food and a presentation by a local artist.



I am planning on exhibiting two of my scannography photos at the Round Barn.  Here is one.  As of this date, I have not decided on the second.
Sensual Spring

Eileen's pairing for the show---any other suggestions?

Then I am off to my own lazy dog days for two weeks in August with a trip to Anacortes, Washington and a drive along the coast to San Francisco.  Some of the art highlights of the trip are a visit to Anthony Howe's sculptures on Orcas Island and a stop at the Headlands Center for the Arts in Marin, California.

2 comments:

  1. I don't see my original comment. Here is my suggestion again. For the art exhibit, pair Sensual Spring with Purple Pansy Encircled by Yellow Forsythia (made up title because I cannot remember it).

    ReplyDelete