Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Scannography--Spring Flowers

I love the way a hi-resolution scanner can create photographs that resemble film in their color depth and contrast.  This was a long winter in Vermont and as soon as the spring flowers appeared I started producing images of these fleeting wonders.  I never realized how many of the early spring blooms are yellow and white until I started this body of work. The variety here is done through arrangement rather than color.  I did buy a purple pansy to add to the collection.
I also used pussy willows in a number of the arrangements because of the lovely texture of the branches.
I applied for a Vermont Center on the Arts Creation Grant to continue this work and produce a body of images for exhibit using both scannography and silhouette art.









These two are my favorite images--both simple and sensuous:


No comments:

Post a Comment