Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Favorites

At the end of December, I like to look back at my photography work and choose my favorite photos of the year. Many of these, of course, you will have already seen.

This is number one on my list because of its simplicity.  Thank you to Eileen for the title.

Winter Meditation

I really like my first attempts at creating photo silhouettes and one in particular makes my list.  The personal history of my Slovak upbringing is portrayed.

Starynka

The Montreal Museum's "Butterflies are Free Exhibit" was such fun!  Here's my favorite of my butterfly collection.  For me, it is about color--I like the emerald triangle of the butterfly, the contrasting yellow of the flower and the hint of orange at the tail.

Emerald Peacock Swallowtail

The warp of lines on the upper right of this ethereal flower entice me.

Ethereal Yellow


I can feel the raw cold of January here.  In fact, I could feel the raw cold of January when I took it from a bridge above the falls.

Middlebury Falls



Simplicity is the appeal once more.  I am also reminded of a Robert Frost poem.

Through the Woods



And here, the humor, plus the movement sensed in the poses of the swimmer and the dancer capture me.

Free floating


A hay bale mirage below water.

Mirage



And last, my favorite self-portrait, taken on Halloween.

Ravens



No comments:

Post a Comment